While everyone across the country continues to deal with COVID-19 and we all continue to make changes in the way we live, work, and interact, we at The Preiss Company hope that you and your family are healthy and safe. We also understand that along with many of the everyday challenges that normal life presents, the COVID-19 pandemic has put a lot of undue pressure and burden on everyone, including our residents, our guarantors, our staff, and our organization as a whole.
In order to do our part to help alleviate some of these burdens, we are implementing the following policies regarding your upcoming April rent payment:
- No Credit/Debit Transaction Fees – No fees will be charged to use a credit or debit card through April 30th. The Preiss Company will pay these fees directly to the credit card processor on your behalf*. This option is available through your property’s resident portal. As a reminder, payments made from a bank account (e-check) are always free. Update: These fees will be waived through at least July 10th.
- New Payment Option – Beginning later this week, the residents at the majority of our sites* will have the option to pay by Resident eMoney Order. This service allows you to pay with cash and have it applied directly to your account, similar to a billpay service, instead of having to purchase money orders.
The Preiss Company will not charge any additional fees for Resident eMoney Orders in April or May, but please know that retailers (such as Walmart) will still charge a service fee, typically in the $2 to $3 range. Please note that not all money order locations offer this service; please find a location using this tool before you head out (select “Resident eMoney Order” as the Biller). Instructions for using this service can be found in the image below. Update: We are not charging any additional fees for this service for the foreseeable future.
In addition to these options, we wanted to take this opportunity to remind you of the other payment methods available:
- E-check/bank account payments are always free on the Resident Portal
- Personal checks, cashiers checks, and money orders may be mailed to your property’s office
- Drop-box: If your property has an outdoor rent drop-box, your checks and money orders may still be deposited there. Please ensure your full name and unit number are written on your payment.
- Update: All of our communities’ offices have reopened, although some may still operate under limited office hours. While we encourage use of one of the above payment methods to encourage social distancing, we are open and able to accept payments in-person.
As we continue through this ever-evolving situation, we would like to remind you that the most recent information related to COVID-19 will be updated on our website at: http://covid19tpco.com/.
The Preiss Company Management & Staff
* Due to the use of a different payments/portal software, Residents at the following properties will need to forward their payment confirmation email to their property to be reimbursed for the credit card fees, in the form of a credit towards the May 2020 installment. Unfortunately, these same sites are also unable to use the Resident eMoney Order option.
– University Village at Clemson
– University Woods
– University Glen
– University Oaks
– University Meadows
– Red Wolf Crossing
– Method Townhomes