Hello Incoming Residents & Guarantors,
Thank you for choosing a Preiss Company community as your new home away from home! Our teams have been hard at work preparing our community for your arrival. Although we are in uncertain times, we remain dedicated to providing you with the best that off campus housing has to offer.
Given the unprecedented effects of COVID-19, we are implementing a contactless move in process across all Preiss Company properties. This will not change the quality of your experience but gives us the opportunity to practice proper physical distancing and ensure we keep our residents and staff as safe and healthy as possible.
In order to make your move-in experience as seamless and efficient as possible, each resident will need to have all of the items listed below completed by August 1st. These items must be completed in order for you to receive keys to your new apartment.
Moving In – 4 Simple Steps:
Complete the following steps by August 1st*
- Sign your Updated Lease with Unit Assignment (Assignment Addendum)
- This has been emailed to you to the email address provided on your application. If you have not received this assignment, please contact your leasing office as soon as possible.
- Make sure all outstanding paperwork has been completed by August 1st.
- Update Your Resident Information (see link below)
- Provide us with updated contact information so that we are able to reach you, your guarantor, and your emergency contact with community updates.
- Register your vehicle (if applicable)
- Register any pets (if applicable). If you have not already registered your pet, please reach out to the office now to add them onto your lease. If you do not register your pet by the August 1st deadline, you will not be able to bring your pet or register it until September 1st. You can easily start the registration process by uploading your pet’s vaccination records and photo in the link below Step 4.
- Submit Your First Rental Payment (see link below) Paying online is simple and easy. Payments must include your first installment amount in full, as well as any extra additional items you may have.
- Paying Online? The e-check option is free.
- If you want to mail a personal check, cashier’s check, or money order to our management office. For details on where to mail your payment, or who to make it payable to, please check your email for a property-specific copy of this letter.
- Secure Required Liability Insurance (see link below) via one of the following options:
*You may have selected the option to add liability insurance through the property at the time of lease signing. If you elected this option, “Landlord Liability Insurance” would be listed on the front page of your lease agreement and included in the breakdown of rent on your move in letter. If so, simply select the first option in the link below.
- Sign up for Landlord Liability insurance through the property at $12/month. This policy is liability only and does not cover personal contents. This amount would simply be added to your rent monthly.
- Sign up for Renter’s Insurance with ePremium. This policy generally covers personal contents.
- Upload your 3rd-party private liability insurance for review (i.e. State Farm, Allstate, Geico, etc). For details on your property’s specific insurance requirements, including coverage amounts and specifying your property as an interested party, please click the button below and select your property.
* Please note: Vista Denver has different deadlines. Please refer to the version of the letter emailed to you for your specific deadlines.
Steps 2-4 are easily taken care of by filling out your electronic Move In Information Form here:
Your move-in letter is on the way. This will include information about your roommates, monthly rental installment, staggered move in times and so much more.
What can I expect for move-in day?
If you have completed the items above, you are on your way to a successful move-in experience!
On move-in day, please remember to bring your photo ID. Keys will not be able to be distributed without proper photo identification.
In order to respect those around you, face coverings must be worn at all times when around others outside of your family unit. Additionally, guests will be limited to no more than 2. For example, this would mean that only you, your mom, and your dad would be able to be physically present for move-in day. Keep in mind that you can always choose to move in AFTER our designated move-in day to avoid the crowd. If you choose to move in at a later date, please reach out to our office and we will coordinate a time and date that is more convenient for you. Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, we will not be able to assist anyone who is not wearing a face covering.
How are our teams preparing to make the units ready in a sanitary environment?
The Preiss Company is dedicated to the safety of our staff as well as our incoming residents. To ensure the cleanest and most sanitary move-in process as possible, all of our team members and vendors will be required to wear face coverings, gloves, and all other appropriate PPE while in the apartment units. The number of team members allowed in one unit at any given time will be restricted to ensure proper physical distancing. Our professional vendors will be completing additional sanitation practices throughout our unit turnover process. In addition, your property’s staff will fully clean the common areas and vacant bedrooms in every apartment with an electrostatic sprayer as the last and final step prior to move-in.
We look forward to seeing you very soon. Until we see each other, follow your community on social media to participate in fun giveaways and find out more about our community!
The Preiss Company Management